Dawno's Weekly Wanderings Around the Beadosphere
Had a busy week? Not able to peruse a lot of beading, crafting and other artisan's blogs? Dawno's traveled the Beadosphere and has these "catch up on the week's highlights" suggestions for you:
- As usual, it's been a bright and fun week with Lisa at A Bead A Day - check out her pictorial with Russ Troll. But the highlight of the post is the insider story she tells about Russ Nobbs, the 'model' for the bead. The rest of the week is fabulous, too, so don't miss a day.
- Tish of Just a Tish features a wisteria themed piece featuring a Mirage bead and how she has THREE pieces in the June issue of Bead Trends. Go Tish!!
- Not only does this mom travel the world with her family on bikes, she beads and has a gorgeous collection of finds from her travels! From her "about me" section on the site: "Nancy and her family have recently embarked upon a year-long adventure bicycling around the USA, and it is inevitable that even more beads and more stories will be added to her bead box. There in one thing that is sure: Nancy's life is anything but "typical" and so is her beadwork!" You can follow Nancy on Twitter, too.
- Earthenwood beads shows what Russ Troll is up to there.
- So does the Crafty Princess! Russ Troll and cats seem to have this 'thing' going on...
- Cell Chic - a clever niche crafter with lovely products.
- This post from Archivia worries me as an Etsy shop 'owner' - hope Etsy does something about it. The Archivia blog also has great vintage resources (long post - towards the bottom is the Jewelry section with great links - do scroll down and check them out!).
- A Must See post on photographing sterling jewelry from Jen Kiaba's blog, Picture Today. Be sure to click on the main link and read more - good stuff!
- At Daily Jewel a post about a call for project designers from Lark Books. For the submission page at Lark , click this. To download the entry form, click this.
- Soft Flex Girl mentions A Bead A Day! (hope you read my interview of Lisa on Thursday, too!)
- Rings and Things blog has a new page up about their blog partners program
- Want to get some awesome tips about baking poly clay? It's a Rings & Things forum post, but I'll make an exception because it's worth reading.
- Speaking of Rings & Things, are you still wondering about Russ Troll? The collected sightings can be found at Flickr, too. I'm sure it'll be updated regularly, so bookmark the link and visit often!
- Heather at The Beadin' Path talks about vintage findings. I have got to get to Freeport, Maine one of these days!
- On Friday I posted about the Lima Beads "Fresh Pick" feature - here's a little info on their planned move. Looks like a great new space!