Dawno's Weekly Wanderings Around the Beadosphere - Rather Abbreviated Due to the Holiday Weekend
It's Sunday, so you know the drill - grab your walkin' shoes (aka, mouse) and let's go wandering around the beadosphere...
- Lisa at A Bead A Day had a great week of beads (and hemp cord, too) - On Tuesday there were frosty white beads, on Saturday she featured a beautiful Italian glass bead. Be sure to check out every day of the week.
- Just A Tish had a short week - glad you're feeling better in time for the holiday weekend, Tish! On Thursday she let us peek into her thought process on "Creating for the Model" then she posted a great public service post on Friday about bead sales & bead shows.
- Wednesday at SmuTopia Jessica shared a wish list item, and on her Friday Finds she featured beautiful Harvest Gold work by various Etsy artisans.
- On Thursday over at Erthe Fae she showed off some lovely earrings. and on Friday we see she's working on Cthulhu's arm - I've been following her progress beading a plush Cthulhu with interest and can't wait to see the finished work.
- Davinia at Deez News shares what she considers her successes and failures. I love her cool grungeboard necklace.
- At The Beading Gem's Journal you'll adore the lovely beaded clutch her mother made for her using tiny seed beads (15/0) in beaded cross-stitch look like petit-point tapestry by a master of the craft. She also shares info on upcycled tie jewelry and a how-to for jersey t-shirt necklaces.
- Lori Anderson talks about fidgeting and her fidgety bracelet at Watch Me Create
- Addictive! Objects and Elements blog such amazing creativity featured there.
- Soft Flex Girl, Sara, is in London! Here's her day one post.
- This week's Weekly Beadditude with Dara is full of good advice about Selling Your Beadwork and Jewelry.
- Rings & Things shared the October birthstone for those of you who plan ahead, and speaking of planning *way* ahead, info about the 2010 Design Contest. What to pair with the basic 'little black dress'? The featured bead on Friday was the basic black bead.
- Artbeads shared a lovely pair of earrings, an Outlaw Necklace and a cute pair of earrings by a new crafter - all of Friday's posts were customer creations, which is such a nice thing to do.
Speaking of suppliers - don't forget to peek back at my Supplier Sales Saturday post if you missed it to get the scoop on some good sales - some are ending today, others pretty soon, so don't miss out. I hope to make this a regular feature every Saturday.
If you have the time tomorrow, do drop by, I'll be sharing a new piece which is *finally* using the last of the Rings & Things gluable challenge (and it was back in March) bracelet blanks that's been sitting on my worktable mocking me since.
I visited Michael's on Friday to pick up, oh, one or two things (ha! thank goodness I remembered my 15% off coupon) and found a whole bunch of gunmetal items from Plaid. One of them inspired me to grab that bracelet blank and make something! Hint: it's not a bracelet and there's no glue involved.