Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Pick on Hiatus Today, but I have Two New Organizers and Necklaces to Share

I may have mentioned that I do the posts for each morning the night before. Thursday night I didn't get back to my workroom until pretty late and I spent some time setting up things in my new Beadalon storage products from Great Craft Works - where I also found the Beadalon square knot links in bulk (yay!) that I've been looking for.

I got a Table Top Work Bench and a Beading Station. The biggest enticement to get these were the rods that hold beading wire on both and the bars at the top of the beading station for my tools. And I just love the little drawers! Haven't figured out what all will go in them, but whatever I use a lot of and need at hand (probably finishing findings) will go in those.

I will try to remember to get a picture of the new set up and post it soon - the pictures above are the catalog pics from Great Craft Works and not my own stuff. I don't have nearly that many tools, but I do have that much wire - and seeing lots of great Soft Flex Trios colors all lined up in a row, ready to use, is really fun.

Anyway, that absorbed quite a bit of time, but I do have two more things I'm working on that I can share, too.

First up is a glass River Rock necklace with the remaining citrus nuggets and a 'topaz' nugget. You can find these at The Beadin' Path in a number of colors and two sizes, medium and large.

I used gold tone spacer beads in two sizes that came from Michael's but I can't recall the supplier and didn't save a tag, unfortunately. They're from a line that features rough, natural beads in ceramics and stone and wood. The spacers have a matte finish and a rather organic pattern to them, so I thought they were a good fit.

No clasp yet, still deciding how I want to do that. It's pretty heavy, weighing in at 4 ounces (doesn't sound like much, but it felt like a lot when I tried it on. For me that's a big drawback, since heavy necklaces give me terrible headaches. I could probably wear it for an evening out, but not a full workday.

Update: new pictures of completed necklace! Used ceramic beads and Artistic Wire to create the hook and eye clasp.





The next necklace is a re-do of the one I shared earlier in the week. I re-arranged the pink glass and green aventurine beads. I think I like this way better. These aren't great pictures, as they're workroom shots with the available lighting. The green aventurine beads are well up the necklace and almost hidden at the top of the strands in this shot. I'm still really fond of the River Rock pendant and exposed lemon yellow quartz Soft Flex wire.




Well, Friday is going to be a busy day (I hope) for making new stuff. I'll be really happy to have some new pieces to share and talk about next week! Saturday I'll be posting my Supplier Sales and Sunday we'll Wander around the Beadosphere together, so please be sure to visit!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It is really inspiring to see all of the colors lined up. It gets the juices flowing. :)

Sara

October 2, 2009 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Indeed it is! And not having to root around in a tray for the right Trio colors is a *huge* time saver!

October 2, 2009 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger Heather DeSimone said...

I love this necklace! You took these beads to a new level Dawn. And I need some of those organizers!
:) Heather

October 2, 2009 at 4:25 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you! I was skeptical that I could do anything - these really pushed me way outside of my comfie zone and I'm thrilled to realize that I was able to make something pretty neat.

October 2, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf