Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits - More Lanyards in Fall Fashion Nomad, Crème Brûlée and Iron + Black



I came this <----> close to calling today's post Tuesday Tid- "Bats" but spared you the agony...

Well, I thought I'd finished two lanyards tonight, but it turns out one of them has a major mistake about halfway through the strand, and will have to be redone. See if you can find it - I didn't see it until I went up to take the photographs. I have been trying to watch some shows on Hulu while beading, guess that's too distracting.



The top lanyard is jet black Czech glass with silver plate spacers and sterling beads. The lower one is dalmatian jasper, a stone that I'm quite fond of, and a few Czech Druk beads in jet black. Here's a solo shot of that lanyard.



Turns out that the colors in this stone are pretty close to the fall fashion colors of nomad, crème brûlée and iron. I had originally thought to pair it with snowflake obsidian, but that stone has pure white markings and, as you can see, the dalmatian jasper is gray/beige with black. I couldn't really tell when I made the order online.

I ended up pairing the snowflake obsidian with white howlite, and they worked quite well together. I'll be doing a few more pieces in that combo before long, so I'll be able to show you what I mean.

That's it for tonight, busy day at work tomorrow, need to get a good night's rest!


Labels: , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Davinia said...

Well I can't see any mistakes. They're both lovely. How annoying to have to re-do one. I've been making and pulling apart for the last few days and wasted so much wire and crimp beads darn it! You think I'd learn by my mistakes the first time. I think it's my age, can't retain information like I used to.

October 27, 2009 at 4:35 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

I know what you mean. The mistake isn't easy to see in that picture, but there's a series of beads - two larger rounds with a spacer between them, then silver bead then the black oval and another silver that is supposed to be followed by the two larger beads with the spacer again. If you count down 5 stations from the top of the topmost strand in the picture you'll note I forgot the two larger beads with the spacer bit before I started stringing the small beads again. *sigh*

And just this morning I saw I'd forgotten a small black bead on the dalmatian jasper one! Argh! Have to re-do them both now!

October 27, 2009 at 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf