Monday, December 1, 2008

More Christmas Themed Necklace Lanyards

Every year I get out my Christmas sweaters to wear to work. I have quite a few of them now, probably a dozen, maybe a few more. Some of the holiday themes, like snowmen on a beige cardigan, bright beaded poinsettias on black, or reindeer posing as a Christmas tree on a light brown knit, but most are predominantly red and green knits with embellishments embroidered on them. I had a few Christmas themed lanyards to wear with them, and now I have many more - two completed this evening. This first one uses 6mm bicones, silver plated pewter mini-bead caps, silver beads and Czech druk beads and it's light weight so it's good for eyeglasses, too.



The next one is Jablonex Czech fluted glass beads in green, silver glass seed beads and red Czech druks. It will also make a great eyeglass lanyard/leash.



Last night I posted the start of this one, here it is completed - larger faceted oval Czech glass beads in a bright red with small green druk beads between them - it will be a dramatic necklace lanyard, but it's too big and heavy for eyeglasses.



I'm not all that crazy about making seasonally themed lanyards, but at Christmas, since I want to wear them with my sweaters, I get enthusiastic. I'll probably make a few more. I hope to get these photographed and up on Etsy soon, too - just in case someone needs a Christmas necklace or lanyard.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf