Saturday, November 15, 2008

Back in the Groove?

Productive day for me - even with a bit of sleeping in, and a long drive to get hubby's favorite lunch from the only place that serves it a 30 minute drive away, so it takes over an hour to get home with it, and then eating lunch with him while catching up on some TiVoed shows from last week - I still finished 4 lanyards so far today. I'll probably do a couple more tonight and then get them up on Etsy and eBay tomorrow.

I've been on a bit of a hematite kick, but in the last one with hematite (and copper, second from the right), I used a 3mm garnet colored Jablonex faceted Czech glass bead. That led me to grab my boxes of red beads and my garnet colored Czech glass hexagonal beads from Artbeads caught my eye. I have a lot of these hex bead lanyards and really love making my necklace lanyards with them because of the way their shape catches the eye and their subtle facets play with color and shadow on the bead in interesting ways.

These are all between 28" and 30" long.



I think these are great winter colors - and garnet is the January birthstone, too.

My last comment tonight is that I really wish that I would hear something back from the dealer's room committee members I've written to. I discovered two SF/Fantasy conventions that were going to be held locally, one in March and one in the summer, I think June. I reached out to the dealer's room committee members via the email address listed on the convention websites several days ago, but haven't heard anything yet - and after the LosCon disappointment, I figured I'd better get an earlier start. I really hope my email didn't go into their junk folder...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Robertson said...

Hi Dawno, I'm a hematite fan too, so I dig this batch of lanyards. Good luck on the con thing!

--Dave
at Rings & Things

November 17, 2008 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Hi Dave - I've made a few face to face sales of the hematite, a lot of folk like it. Gray is a great neutral, especially for fall and winter (though I wear it year round).

Thanks for wishing me luck, too - still no news, I guess I'll have to follow up soon.

November 17, 2008 at 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf