Sunday, April 12, 2009

Beachcombing Necklace

Used some of my new beads last night - shell heishis and little whole shells, with tiny freshwater pearls, amber shell beads and brass Artistic Wire.



Reminds me of summer days spent at the beach, searching for little shells, chasing waves. I decided to make this with a rustic look. I used 26 gauge Artistic Wire in an antique brass finish to link the heishi shells and make the dangles.

See some additional closeup angles at my Art Fire shop!


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Just A Tish said...

that is awesome! i just picked up some antique buttons while i was at my moms on vacation. i'll post a pic of them when i get settled in.

i love this!

April 15, 2009 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you so much, it's a bit of a departure, but I'm taking some chances with new ideas and liking it!

April 15, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf