Thursday, April 9, 2009

A New Gluable Challenge Review - Plus! Free Project Tutorial

I'm gratefully noticing that I wasn't the last person in the beading blogosphere to post about the Rings & Things Gluable challenge (especially since I've gotten the new items to do, now, as well.)

Art Bead Scene has posted their Gluable Challenge review and a picture of a stunning bracelet, and Heather from Humblebeads has posted a free tutorial for using the gluable disk and loop bracelet on her blog.

I never did post how I finished off my deconstructed bracelet...and I'm still pretty sure it's *still* not finished...so the next step in the tutorial is "Glue mother of pearl disks to bracelet." I used E6000, so I'm going to let it set overnight before I fiddle anymore.

The disks have lengthwise holes drilled in them, which I've positioned to the sides so they're not so visible, but it got me to thinking about adding a small decorative bead on top of the MOP disks, using some thin wire through the holes...or maybe trying some seed beads...or who knows what else will come to mind! I'll post an update on any progress I make.

Is anyone interested in some of the brass gluable pendant frames (see here for squares and here for the rectangles) after seeing all the cool things you can make with them?

I have a bit of an overstock...really wasn't thinking clearly when I ordered 6 dozen of each type...You can email me at beadedbadgelanyards (at) gmail (dot) com to discuss details.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Robertson said...

:) How can you ever tell if a deconstructed bracelet is finished yet? But seriously, very nice results there, Dawno. No rush on using the latest stuff we sent you...those rocks will keep just fine.

--Dave

April 10, 2009 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

I'm always wondering if anything I've done is truly finished. Sometimes I just have to force myself to stop tinkering around.

As for the latest stuff - I have 99% of it ready with the arrival of my latest R&T shipment (yay tootsie roll midgie! not so much watermelon jolly rancher)I started stringing but decided I need one more thing. Have the day off, will probably get what I need at the local bead store today (very enthused about the whole thing).

April 10, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf