Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Really Short Post for Today

Well, this is going to be a very short post - had a busy day and not much time for either beading or writing. I think I more than made up for it with the length of yesterday's how-to, though.

I saw that Art Bead Scene's May Challenge is Monet's "Waterlilies". I love that painting. Was very fortunate to see it at an Impressionist exhibition in Los Angeles back in the mid-80's and brought home a number of museum exhibition posters featuring Monet works.

If you find yourself inspired to create something that includes art beads you should consider entering the contest - the prizes this month are wonderful as well.

I've been doing a little of this and a little of that lately. I posted three new lanyards on Etsy, cute floral ones great for eyeglasses,

Finally, here's a new piece I finished last night with the angelite stone that I used with the Swarovski pearls last week. There are sterling silver Bali Swirl bead caps from Artbeads, sterling silver beads and Jablonex Czech glass "black diamond" bicones in the design.


(click for detail)

Hope your Wednesday goes well! See you tomorrow.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Just A Tish said...

love that necklace, those beads are beautiful.

thanks for the lead on that contest. missed mays ,but i'll bookmark it and see what else they may be up to

May 7, 2009 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you! I hope to get my hands on more angelite - that blue is really fabulous.

Good luck, if you enter the contest!

May 7, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf