Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday Miscellany - Beads from Redondo Beach

I just got back from a wonderful 3-day weekend with my family. On Saturday I borrowed the car and visited a lovely bead store in Redondo Beach called The Bead Store. Found some lovely stuff, too. Blue Rhyolite, Charoite, Kyanite and Turquoise...



Plus some Hypersten/Hyperstene (what a really cool stone) and a bunch of great Czech glass - this is just a part of the glass, a strand of blue coin beads that look a bit like blue lace agate, mixed "Monet" glass, mixed Rivolis and these great lusterous pink and beige beads with a bit of a copper metalic gloss to them that really look wonderful with copper wire or other copper components. Sorry I couldn't get a great pictures, it's late and I don't have the right lighting here at the computer and I'm too tired to go set up the light box upstairs.



Since I had the new beads and had bought some inexpensive 22 gauge wire and we had time before the evening festivities (dinner out with dad, my sister & her family and my daughter), I sat out with my dad on his porch and linked up some of the rivoli's into a bracelet, complete with a clasp I fashioned from the wire.



I also picked up the Mocca Swarovski briolettes I need to finish the necklace I mentioned and showed towards the bottom of my Saturday post.

All in all, a great weekend for family visiting and beading!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Just A Tish said...

ain't it fun to have idle time to visit and be able to bead at the same time.

mmmm porch and family and beading, sound like you had a great time!

June 22, 2009 at 9:23 AM  
Anonymous spamwarrior said...

I am jealous. Those are gorgeous!!!

June 22, 2009 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Yep, Tish, it was wonderful. Dad has some nearly tame squirrels that watched my every move from their perch by a plate of peanuts. The weather was gorgeous, too.

Spamwarrior, I do think I lucked out with those finds, thanks for coming by to visit!

June 22, 2009 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger Lisa Crone said...

Again, I am wishing we were neighbors, you have such great beads!!! Sitting on the porch with family AND beading with NEW beads is a great moment in time!!

June 22, 2009 at 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf