Dawno's Weekly Wanderings Around the Beadosphere
After a two week break, I'm back to Wandering Around the Beadosphere and sharing my favorite finds!
- Via Margot Potter and a comment on my Wandering's archives Blog, welcome Davinia of Deez News to the Beadosphere! She's been blogging for a while, but she's new to me. Love these frames using Opals embossing powders and the bracelet made from memory frames in this post - and the necklace in that post is darling as well - read this post to learn about the beads she created and used in it.
- Also, please welcome Nicki from Nicki's Reef! I just discovered her blog today, as well. She's got some lovely pictures of her work, her bunnies (I love bunnies) and much more. She's living in Germany, according to her profile info - I love getting to know other beaders from all over the world, something that would have been impossible (for me at least) before the internet and blogging!
- Speaking of Margot - check out her beautiful Rings & Things design project mixed media necklace "Fire and Water"
- It's been a while since I've mentioned NiftyKnits and her darling Meerkats - so to make up for lost opportunity: the Meerkats now have new clothes and Craft Fair day.
- Tish from Just A Tish Designs has been busy with her Rings & Things challenge pieces (with a cool picture of "our Tish" in her design as well!)
- Lisa at A Bead A Day shares about Crystal Volcano beads from Artbeads here (what a lovely necklace!) and here. She also, among other great posts last week, featured a Swarovski flower pendant and now I want to make something with them, too.
- And Blanche of Sha-Sha Handcrafted Jewelry Blog was inspired by Lisa's shell bracelet post a while back to make this lovely coneflower brooch with shells. Plus, she's won 2nd place and some great goodies with her beautiful interpretation of Victorian Mourning jewelry
- Robyn Hawk has the August Gemshows up - darn it if I'm not missing a good one up in San Francisco this weekend. I just can't fit it in after the last two busy weekends. If you're on Facebook you can become a fan of her Fly on the Wall family of blogs.
- Not about beading, but with pictures to inspire, Hilary at The Smitten Image has posted some gorgeous 'after the rain' shots. The orange flowers especially inspired me - I need to do some pieces in orange!
- ErtheFae Designs is thinking about Autumn - good idea, it's nearly here. Where is Summer rushing off to?
- Silver Parrot succumbs to the lure of Roman Glass beads.
- Cindy Gimbrone aka The Lampwork Diva and Russ Troll have a nice cup of coffee and discuss designing with Bronze Metal Clay
- New White Beading Wire on the Beadalon blog
- Rings & Things thinks it may have set a record with the "kazillion" new Design Gallery uploads they've recently made.
- SoftFlexGirl is home from CHA - check out the whole week of posts (not to mention the one featuring yours truly!)
- Dara at The Beadin' Path talks about The Ugly Bug Ball and shows that her ugly bug is almost done!