Today's tidbit is about trying something completely different (for me, at least.) I was messing around with some components, trying to come up with more earring ideas, and hung a rose quartz bead on a new Accessories Susan bead cap
on a brass headpin with a small brass spacer and matte rose glass Druk, wired it to a bronze loop (by Bead Landing, the Meadow Grove collection, from Michael's) and attached a simple brass ear wire. Too plain - time to go a bit nuts.
So I looked around the room, just wondering what I should do about the empty loop. My glance landed on a sheet of scrapbook paper covered with vintage-look roses. I put the earring on the paper and traced the loop,
cut it out -
and glued it to the hoop. The G-S Hypo Cement may have been overkill as far as a glue selection - but it was handy. Here's the earring with the paper glued in but before I trimmed it - I waited until after the glue dried to do that.
Then I put some Diamond Glaze and a CZ-gem drop inside the loop directly on to the paper. I put a rather thick layer, so it took maybe 4 hours to dry. It wasn't very level, I added another layer and it's about level with the height of the bronze loop now. I'll let it dry overnight. It's...interesting. I've made the second earring - it's at the stage where I'm letting the glued on paper dry to the hoop right now. It'll be a day or so before I have a finished pair. Since the back is plain white paper, I'm considering what to do about that.
All vintage images on this page are courtesy of The Graphics Fairy
Hope you'll come back tomorrow to see what I've done with some gorgeous chrysocolla beads.
PS - today's ArtFire listing goal achieved:
Labels: Dawno, earrings, mixed media, Tuesday Tidbits, Victorian