Weekly Wanderings Around the Beadosphere
Well, it's been a lovely weekend. The weather is really cooling off now. I may just have to wash up all my sweaters to freshen them from being stored all spring and summer, and put away my summer clothes. Also, added bonus, my daughter made a last minute decision to drive up and visit, so I've been enjoying having her around this weekend. I received a postcard from the Westercon63 team reminding me that in 2010 they'll be in Pasadena, California. I've submitted my name to the dealer's room coordinator in hopes I'll be able to get a space. If I do that and LosCon next year that's two southern California conventions. Add BayCon and maybe I'll find another local con, too. I'd like to do at least 4 shows next year.
Well, I assume you're anxious to get out and about the Beadosphere, so enough about me, let's get going...
- A Bead A Day - sparkling silver stardust, silver chain, Silver Shade - and that's just a couple days worth of shiny, shiny things over at Lisa's blog!
- Brenda's Jewelry Box - Artbeads product design with beautiful rose color CRYSTALLIZED™ - Swarovski Elements
- Deez News - really wonderful mixed media earring designs using grungeboard and wallpaper.
- Earthenwood Studios - it's been Crystals Week there, and Melanie has been sharing her Arbeads product design postings all week - starting with Fairy Wings - be sure to look at the entire week's worth of gorgeous designs featuring CRYSTALLIZED™ - Swarovski Elements from Artbeads.
- ErtheFae joins the Artbeads Blogging for Beads group, finishes Cthulhu, and shares her awesome day in Tahoe.
- A Fly On the Wall/Daily Jewel (Robyn Hawk) - Gem Shows October 2009
- Jennifer Jangles - She shares some studio pictures showing a lovely, tidy space and how it looks when she's in the midst of preparing for a show.
- Just A Tish - Rings & Things September challenge necklace with a gorgeous ocean jasper focal, more challenge work with mixed stone faceted fans, her winning studio pictures for the Tweet Your Studio contest co-sponsored by yours truly and The Beadin' Path, and a lovely and moving pictorial tribute in honor of her daughter's birthday.
- Lampwork Diva Cindy Gimbrone was looking for help naming a new PMC pendant necklace, and revealed a "deep dark secret"
- Mandibeads - win one of her cool beaded pens in her October give-away.
- Margot Potter shares a how to for a cute Halloween tote, had a novel idea, reviewed CraftCycle, shared a free Halloween necklace project ... *whew* keeping up with her is a real workout!
- Silver Parrot - "made stuff" (gorgeous stuff, too), and "more stuff" and shared pictures of some lovely earrings on different backgrounds , then for a grand finale, two days of fabulous beads.
- Skysetter shares darling Halloween clown costumes, Autumn decor, and adult costume accessories.
- SmuTopia - it's Smu's birthday!, a give-away, a sneak peek, see Smu in this treasury, and on Friday, faux food.
- Alpha Stamps - Congratulations to Shannon Sawyer, Spooky-Cool Halloween items (the haunted decor scrapbook paper is really wonderful, and I think the stock is really limited, they say "last gasp" in the post).
- Artbeads - Color changing Swarovskis
- Beadalon Blog - Earrings ideas & links to projects.
- The Beadin' Path - go see the Tweet Your Studio winners pictures and the Beadin' Path's staff bead picks
- Objects and Elements blog - bitten by the ICE resin bug
- Ornamentea blog (shiny little things) - Humblebeads trunk show, adorable felt pumpkin project how-to, a note on the book Read My Pins by Madeline Albright
- SoftFlexGirl - a guest post by the Soft Flex photographer, Brian Clark Win a fabulous SoftFlex prize package contest on BeadStyle, faux barbed wire bracelet how-to, and links to some fun costume pictures
I really recommend adding all the above blogs to your RSS reader, Google Reader, or where possible, Follow them via the Blogger Followers feature. Even though I don't have a handy widget on my blog (because I'm using my own template) you can follow me, too, if you have a Blogger account or a Google account. I'd love it if you would! I also have a new Facebook Fan page - it would be an honor to have you as a fan!
Do come back tomorrow, I'm posting a 'how to' on making what I think are really easy to make, but still quite pretty, gift/price tags and earring cards.