Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mid-Week Mutterings - Bracelet Frenzy!



As promised, here's most of the output (aside from the Beadin' Path design partner bracelets I showed the other day) of my bracelet frenzy this weekend. There's one more I hadn't put the clasp on to and I've got a couple under construction, as well.



I wanted to work from the fall color palette, so I kept it close at hand as I selected the beads for these. I did consider mixing it up a bit in terms of using contrasting colors in the bracelets, but ended up only doing the one (in the center) with two colors that I wouldn't have normally put together. The bracelets feature a lot of gold filled beads and gemstones (except for the two on the far right and the copper one on the far left). I also liked the way the on the mookaite strand were pretty random, so I strung that bracelet straight off the strand with gold filled spacers between each faceted rondelle.

I used CRYSTALLIZED™ Swarovski Elements bicones in each design, except for the two directly to the right and left of center, the pearls in the far left and third from the left are Swarovski, but the ones on the amethyst bracelet (second from left) are freshwater cultured pearls.

Which are your favorites? I really like them all, but I think my favorite is the dark brown and antique brass. The copper with carnelian and the mookaite ones are my next favorite.

I'm pretty close to having what I think is a fairly decent inventory of bracelets, so I may focus on earrings for a while. My inclination is to make sets - earrings that match either my necklaces, lanyards or bracelets - what do you think?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Just A Tish said...

Dawno! These are beautiful!

November 18, 2009 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger Wendy T. Gibson said...

I like the mookite one but they are all excellent. You are a bracelet machine girl!

I don't mind matchy matchy for bracelets and earrings. But we are so lucky in this day and age to be able to mix up our stuff, too!

November 18, 2009 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you Tish and Wendy! I started yet another one last night when I should have been working on earrings - it's addictive!

November 18, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf