Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday Miscellany - Vintage Glass and a Lovely Chunk of Amber




I've been playing with the amber colored vintage Czech glass that The Beadin' Path sent me as a design partner, below, between the yellow and red.



Like the yellow glass, I spent a lot of time trying various combinations until I saw something that I thought would work. Then I went to my stash of amber colored glass beads looking for complementary beads to fill out the design. I'm not 100% sure of the leaves - what do you think?

The beehive shaped beads and the saucer shaped beads are from the Beadin Path, the amber nugget and larger bead caps are from my local bead store, Global Beads. There are also tiny bead caps from Artbeads in there. The other glass beads were from Blue Moon assortments bought at Michael's.



some additional shots you can click on to see more detail:



After I finished this and photographed it, I did some photos of a couple necklace lanyards. I also worked on descriptions, the main photos for some other listings and a couple other little touches. I'm trying to get all of my work into my ArtFire shop. You can see the new listings in the Rapid Cart below my signature.

Until tomorrow -





FTC compliance disclosure notice of material connections: All items referenced in this post, with the exception of the vintage glass 'beehive' and 'saucer shaped beads', were personally purchased for the express purpose of creating this necklace.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Crone said...

I love a lovely chunk of anything, but this amber is so fabulous and perfectly timed for an Ohio fall! :)

November 9, 2009 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

It is a beautiful piece. Unfortunately it's pretty expensive and I'm not sure I'll be able to keep it on this necklace. I'll probably be looking for something more affordable to replace it with.

November 9, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf