Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weekly Wanderings Around the Beadosphere



November already! Seems like it was Summer just yesterday. I can certainly tell it's Fall, the evenings start sooner and last night we set the clocks back an hour, too, so my time sense is going to be all wonky for the next week or so. It's gotten cooler here, but still not what most people (outside of the southwestern states) would call cold. I've seen in the news that some folk have been getting significant snow. Hope it wasn't snowing on your Halloween! Well, I'm sure you're here for the Wanderings, and not my verbal meanderings - so strap on your snowshoes if you need 'em and off we'll go around the Beadosphere.



A Bead A Day started the week off with some "edgy chain" and wrapped it up with cute "arts & crafts" bracelets. Be sure to check out the rest of her posts. On Fridays she does a featured designer, too.

Beading Gem's blog did a great week of Halloween themed posts with links to "how-to's" you'll want to bookmark for next year.

Deez News "When Designs Go Pear Shaped" - Davinia re-worked a bracelet into a necklace but thinks it's boring. I disagree! It's lovely, elegant in its simplicity. Check out the cool earrings, too!

Melanie at Earthenwood Studios has a new line out (which you can follow at the Now Showing Studio blog)- read about it starting last Tuesday and check out the "Seed of Chucky" bracelet she posted yesterday.

Tish from Just A Tish has been showing off her Beadin' Path goodies in some really lovely designs, starting with this beautiful "Cremescicle" design - that fire crab agate is really cool, I'm going to have to grab some for myself! These bracelets are gorgeous showcases for side drilled and center drilled vintage Lucite spheres in the most lovely colors. I really love how Tish shows how versatile and dramatic copper jewelry can be. Oh, and while she calls this one an "epic fail" it's still lovely, and I'm sorry that I giggled a bit at the trials she went through, but...well, read it and you'll see what I mean.

Ladybead's blog is new this week to my weekly round up with her beautiful designs. And her niche? Beach jewelry - adornments for barefoot glamour, especially beach weddings! But with the cooler weather coming up, there's also boot jewelry (what a cool idea!) Met her via Twitter, by the way.

Margot Potter talked Halloween most of the week, but wanted her readers to share this particular post about Haiffaa Ali so I do hope that you'll read Margot's post and then follow the links to Haiffaa's story and feel compelled to pass it on.

I haven't mentioned Nikon Sniper lately, but this post...well, if that gorgeous scene and those amazing colors aren't inspirational, I don't know what is!

Check out these gorgeous earrings featuring Swarovski briolettes from Artbeads at Orion Designs. What a great eye she has for colors that really grab your attention.

Here's a design from SCDiva in polymer clay - and I bet you'll have as much trouble as I did believing it's clay. I swear I'm going to start *any day* figuring out how to make great beads, too. Any day!!

Shoozles: Wear Your Art blog has a lovely thought piece "Giving- The Creative Contiuum"

Silver Parrot had a guest blogger - Dr. Frankenstein! When I need a good giggle, I can usually count on Silver Parrot's blog.






Over at Artbeads they show this lovely "Quality of Mercy" necklace and announce the winner of the treasure hunt.

Beadalon announces the winner of the Katie's Beading Secrets drawing and shares a crystal web necklace designed by Margot Potter

The Beadin' Path's Dara talks about pricing your jewelery.

I'm not sure if this goes above in Artisan blogs or not, but The Art of Friendly Plastic blog is another new one on my reading list - it's amazing what beautiful designs they come up with.

Jeanette Blix (Fundametals.net) shares "The Down Side of Stamping" and a "Fabulous Art Exchange"

Objects and Elements - winner of the "Put Me In a Bezel" contest and Preserving Nature tutorial

Rings & Things - this week they gave us Christmas lampwork beads, The Spokane Keychain Experiment, and "Ten Tips to Top Designs".

SoftFlexGirl announced a great give-away (new Trio's!), talked about the CPSIA “Statement of Policy: Testing and Certification of Lead Content in Children's Products” and shares a Halloween greeting and sale


Well, that's it for this week. I keep adding new blogs to follow and trying to share interesting posts with you from each of them, hope it's useful! Let me know if you have a blog you follow I could mention next time.

If you like keeping up with the Beadosphere here, do consider becoming a follower of this blog (there's a handy button at the top left of the page in the blue blogger banner, that says "follow blog" just click!), I'd love to reciprocate as well, so mention it in the comments so I can.

Also, on the right side of the page, in the sidebar, is my Facebook widget. I'd love it if you'd be a Facebook fan of Dawno, too.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf