Thursday, January 21, 2010

Valentine's Day Idea #12 - Cosmic Valentine Lariat


25 Days Until Valentine's Day!

At work today I got an idea for another project, so I sketched the idea out with a pencil and a red pen.


And this is what I've got so far:




This one is still a work in progress as I'm not 100% sure I'm happy with the look yet. It's not a quick and easy one - I used two types of chain, plus oval solid links and some wrapped loops to connect various CRYSTALLIZED™ Swarovski elements in this lariat style necklace. I had to do some color manipulation in the picture to make all the beads the same color, since I didn't actually have a couple of the pieces in Crystal Red Magma, the original square and heart beads are Vitrail, temporarily, as placeholders until I can order the proper color replacements.

I got the beads from a number of suppliers, the ring and the twist are from Artbeads, the chessboard beads from A Grain of Sand. The square component and the heart from Rings & Things, as well as the gunmetal chains.



Don't forget, if you'd like to win a cute Valentine's Day bracelet, all it takes to be entered is a comment! Say "Enter me in the bracelet giveaway" on any post between now and the end of the month. If you're on Twitter and RT any of my tweets this month you'll get another entry. If you're a fan or become a fan of Dawno's on Facebook and leave a comment on any post there with "Enter me in the bracelet giveaway", you get another entry - so there's a total of 3 entries you can make towards the giveaway.

Random drawing will be held on January 31st - and if selected, you'll get the bracelet in plenty of time for Valentine's Day!



Labels: , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

8 Comments:

Blogger Just A Tish said...

Dawno! This is beautiful. My jaw dropped when I saw it.

January 21, 2010 at 6:54 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you! I resisted the urge to do more and I'm glad I did.

January 21, 2010 at 7:18 AM  
Blogger Duchess said...

Wow! Very striking design! Love the asymmetrical look of this piece. Clever and unique styling, love the dangle your created.

Duchess
From Artbeads.com

January 21, 2010 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you Duchess!

January 21, 2010 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger Dave Robertson said...

It cascades, Dawno! And again I admire your visioning and sketching skills...

--Dave
at Rings & Things

January 21, 2010 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you, Dave! I wish I was a better artist, I really admire sketches showing good technical skill. I'm actually thinking about taking a class or two.

January 21, 2010 at 3:49 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

ooooh, very pretty!!

January 24, 2010 at 2:16 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you, Dee!

January 24, 2010 at 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf