Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Valentine's Day Idea #7 - Lavender Hearts Badge Lanyard


Only 32 days until Valentine's Day!

It's been awhile since I made a lanyard - and that's what got me started in this whole beads and jewelry thing in the first place! So today I decided to make a Valentine's Day themed one.

I had a good sized strand of lavender heart beads which, for a fun and Valentine appropriate contrast, I strung with matte ruby seed beads and ruby AB finish heart beads. A couple of heart clasps were the perfect finish. The trick to making a lanyard with heart-shaped beads is to remember to reverse the direction of the beads at the halfway point, so they're all pointing the same direction. You can click the picture to see a bigger version.





This would be great as an eyeglass lanyard, too - I made it rather long, but anything from 28" to 32" works. I like to wear my badge lanyards long, but 28" -29" is the max for eyeglasses.



Don't forget, if you'd like to win a cute Valentine's Day bracelet, all it takes to be entered is a comment! Say "Enter me in the bracelet giveaway" on any post between now and the end of the month. If you're on Twitter and RT any of my tweets this month you'll get another entry. If you're a fan or become a fan of Dawno's on Facebook and leave a comment on any post there with "Enter me in the bracelet giveaway", you get another entry - so there's a total of 3 entries you can make towards the giveaway.

Random drawing will be held on January 31st - and if selected, you'll get the bracelet in plenty of time for Valentine's Day!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf