Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday Miscellany - New Lanyard Necklace Design

Still trying to get back into the groove around here. It's been an interesting few weeks - like the "May you live in interesting times," curse kind of interesting.

I've made a few new pieces that I can share this week, though. Today's is a lanyard using Swarovski pearls, CRYSTALLIZED™ Swarovski Elements Mocca 6mm bicones, small gold glass bicones and large dark topaz glass with an iridescent coating on one side. It's a long lanyard, 30", finished with gold lobster claws. I used medium 49 strand SoftFlex for the stringing wire. Everything in it came from my stash, so I'm doing fairly well sticking to my plan to use what I have and buy fewer new items. That said, I have broken down and bought a few new things - I'm particularly excited about my new Earthenwood Studios stuff.




I'm pretty fond of this pattern and will probably make a series of lanyard necklaces with a similar look using other colors. I've called this pattern Baroness and this particular lanyard "Mink". When I get my photography studio (aka my daughter's bedroom which she's currently occupying for the weekend) back, I'll be taking better photos and listing it at Artfire.

Thanks for coming by!

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

I think Baroness is an appropriate name for this design! It looks so regal! And I love the colors.

Very pretty.

February 15, 2010 at 7:14 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you so much, Rose!

February 15, 2010 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger Davinia said...

It must have been a busy week, I was about to send out a cyber posse to look for you. Baroness is lovely and yesterdays post with all your valentine pieces was a feast for the eyes. My favourite it still the red and cream heart.

February 15, 2010 at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf