Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Rings & Things Goodies - Memory Jewelry



I have a completely icky head cold right now, started last night just before bed, too, so I didn't sleep very well. I don't feel completely awful, just very congested. I went to work this morning (I have this thing about calling in sick on a Monday) which I really shouldn't have. About an hour after I got there I was so miserable that I drove to the local Walgreen's and bought nose spray, Dayquil, tissues, throat drops and a huge pump bottle of hand sanitizer. I hope I didn't give this to anyone else.

I left work a bit early this afternoon, at my manager's kindly suggestion, which also included "why don't you work from home tomorrow, too?" You don't have to ask me twice! Anyway, coming home to find an envelope from Rings & Things waiting for me was just the kind of pick-me-up I needed at the end of the day.

What a great collection of items for making memory jewelry! I haven't made any to this point, guess I'm going to have another opportunity to move out of the ol' comfy zone again. The bezel cups are going to be my biggest challenge. I haven't worked with resin yet (have some, haven't gotten around to using it) don't have a UV light for curing it indoors, and it's been cloudy and rainy lately, so outdoors isn't an option most days. I may not be able to show off a finished piece with these until I get a sunny weekend!


Here's the stock # list with links (these aren't in the same order as pictured above, btw):

32x15mm glass jars, cork top #30-187-SM
Glass heart vial #30-407-H
Brass 22mm bezel cup, round, one loop #46-301-11-0
Brass 22m bezel cup, round, two loops #46-301-21-0
Brass 18x13 bezel cup, oval, one loop #46-301-50-0
Brass 18x13 bezel cup, oval, two loops #46-301-60-0
Hinged picture frame 1.5" square #55-700-21-1
Antiqued copper plated hinged shadowbox, 1.6" square #55-701-01-7
Hinged glass pendant, round (glass front and back) #55-702-11-1
Alexandrite colored diamond shaped glass bottle #56-999-01-262
Blue diamond shaped glass bottle #56-999-01-452

Where to start? I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out!




FTC compliance notice of material connection: The items shown above were provided to me for free, to be used for design purposes, or for a statement of my honest opinion of them, by Rings & Things.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Just A Tish said...

these are exciting and intimidating!

March 2, 2010 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

my thoughts exactly!

March 2, 2010 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger Dave Robertson said...

Well, that got your attention! Hope it made you feel a bit better, Dawno. Whenever the inspiration hits, let us know what you make with them...

:) Dave
at Rings & Things

March 2, 2010 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

:-) Dave!

I'm still playing with the shell pearls - now I've got these too - it's an embarrassment of riches.

March 2, 2010 at 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf