Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Gunmetal and Montana Blue Three Strand Necklace




Now that I have plenty of time to design, experiment and blog about my ideas again, here's a new piece I'm working on. Using beads from The Beadin' Path bead club set sent in January - I think of this year - I've created a multi-strand necklace with two types of bulk gunmetal chain, headpins and jumprings from Rings & Things and two other types of chain from my local Michael's. On the first strand are Montana blue drops, the second strand has luster glass in the same shade. I left the last strand plain as it has an interesting texture of it's own. The drops are attached with gunmetal jumprings. I guess the only question I have is should I keep the third strand? I think so, but I'm wavering.

I'm building up my inventory for the 69th World Science Fiction Convention to be held in Reno August 17 thru 21. This is the first WorldCon that I'll attend as a dealer and I'm both excited and nervous.

'Til next time!


Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Davinia said...

It's wonderful to see you back in blog world Dawn. I've missed your posts and your gorgeous jewelry. The gun metal (my favourite metal) necklace is lovely and yes I would leave the third chain.

July 13, 2011 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you Davinia! Glad to have time again.

July 13, 2011 at 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf