Tuesday, July 15, 2008

And I'm Back!

After a long break from blogging, (but not from beading) I'm back. I've done a lot of new stuff but since my "photo studio" is my daughter's bedroom and she was visiting from college, I didn't have a way to take pictures of the new stuff...well, enough with the excuses, I didn't post, now I am.

I did a display at my company's Juneteenth crafts fair, sales were disappointing but I learned things. I'm going to have to invest in some better signage, drapes, displays, etc., if I'm going to compete with people who are regular vendors at shows and fairs. I had thought there would be more employees showing who wouldn't have the fancy set ups - but I'd say a majority of the vendors were not employees and very practiced at display. My product is the right niche for selling at a venue like that, but my location was towards the back and right at the door was a huge (lovely) display of jewelry that included badge lanyards. By the time they reached me, anyone who wanted one had bought one. The best thing about doing that event was that I finally got my state seller's permit so I could participate. It was easy to do, filled out the form online, got there early and was done in under an hour.

I'm probably going to play catch up with some of the stuff that's been made since early June, but here's a brand new piece I just finished, in howlite. I've got another one just like it, nearly done, in snowflake obsidian.

.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf