Saturday, October 25, 2008

Getting Ready for My Trip

I've done a lot of washing, and between loads completed a couple new lanyards and put the hardware on some others that I'd put aside complete but for their clasps, etc. Got in a short trip to Global Beads this morning, and picked up some new turquoise because I had some ideas and not enough turquoise to make what I was thinking of.

Here's one of the pieces I've made with one of the new turquoise strands, and some tiger's eye beads I've had for ages, it seems. I love how these colors look together - it has a vintage feel to it - and maybe an ancient middle eastern flavor? Not sure why I think "Persia" when I look at it. Used up all of my purchase of that size/color of turquoise with it and *whew* it came in at 28" which is the shortest I find comfortable for a lanyard necklace.




I've 'post dated' as couple posts for next week so the blog won't be 'dark' while I'm gone - so don't stay away! Since I figure I can do one or two more pre-posts tomorrow which will take me through Friday, I'm going to leave this one up for tonight. I've also posted most of my lanyard pictures on my Flickr photostream and decided to send out a Tweet on Twitter to draw attention to it. Might make a habit of doing that, say, once a week or so. Bad idea or not?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Nice beaded lanyard Dawn!

Have a great trip.

October 27, 2008 at 5:53 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thanks, Stephanie!

October 27, 2008 at 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf