Saturday, November 1, 2008

Update from Florida

Well, I've been too busy all week to actually miss beading, until right now. I've finished my conferences and spent the day today wandering "around the world" at Epcot. I put some comments about my day and linked to some pictures about it on Twitter (I'm AWDawno there). I've been staying at the Disney Grand Floridian, which is a gorgeous hotel. If I could stay a few more day's I'd love to do the Wild Animal Park and then check out the city of Orlando, but I only had today, so I picked Epcot as I'd heard there was a Wine and Food festival going on. There were great booths all around the World Showcase with wines and foods from all over.

In one of the stores in the China section there was a container of (mostly) cloisonné beads and I scooped up quite a few of them. Not having any other materials to work with here on my trip means I'll have to wait until I get home to figure out how I want to use them.



In the Italy section, I visited a store with a lot of Murano glass jewelry but didn't see anything I liked all that much and, of course, the retail price made buying something already made and then de-constructing it for my own use rather silly.

I have a long day ahead, going to get to bed soon and take advantage of that extra hour! Even though this will show a post time of 7:00-ish, I'm three hours ahead and tired from walking around Epcot for about seven hours today.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf