Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Frustration, Your Name is Jewelry Cable!

Worked tonight for quite some time trying to get the crimp tubes (one has a hook attached to it, the other the eye) on the jewelry cable. There's something to working with jewelry cable that I'm not doing right. I'm thinking I need a blowtorch...

Just kidding (although I do wonder). The cable should fit the tubes - and I've gotten them to fit on one end just fine, but for some reason when I try to put the final one on, it just doesn't go well at all. Then there's the problem that cable is nearly impossible to cut, even with brand new heavy duty memory wire cutters. There's usually one fine little thread of cable left to trim, sometimes a few. Then after putting on just a couple beads the cable starts to unravel and those little steel threads are very sharp. I've literally put blood and sweat into working with the danged cable. All I wanted to do was put some heavier glass beads on one for a bracelet...it really seemed like a good idea at first.

Well, trial and error is what teaches me, so I'll keep trying until I run out of cable. No pictures tonight since I didn't complete anything.

I have the week of Dec 29th off from work and I'm thinking about a total 'makeover' of my office space. I have a picture of how I want it set up, I just hope I can find all the stuff I need to do it. One of the reasons is I need a better working surface - especially if I'm going to experiment with making polyclay beads and maybe even try my hand at metal clay. Stringing and even making wire loops isn't hard to do with a small surface area, even just a lap tray, but the clay work won't happen without a work table, which I currently don't have.

I'm hopeful I'll be able to enlist my son to help with some of the heavy lifting (book shelves and a large hutch will have to be moved). He's coming home from his tour in Iraq (he's in the Army) soon, and if all goes well, he'll be home for Christmas through New Year's Day. Of course, I'm looking forward to having him home for more than the moving - that's just an added bonus.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf