Monday, April 20, 2009

Breaking News: Big Artbeads Sale Starts Tomorrow

I got an email this morning and was told I could share it. It was advance notice about a big sale on Artbeads.com, starting tomorrow morning, called Dollar Days. This was one of their biggest sales in 2008 and many items sold out very quickly.

This year, they’re making it much bigger by putting over 2,000 items on sale for only $1.00 each and running the sale for an entire week. The savings will be up to 60% off.

Be on the look-out for it to go live tomorrow morning, Tuesday, April 21, 2009!

Also on Wednesday I'll be featuring Tish from Just A Tish Designs with a written Q & A interview here on my blog - don't miss it! I hope to do these fairly regularly and eventually do audio interviews.

Here's a picture I told Tish I'd post after reading her blog, wherein she mentions a 70's craft, Costume Jewelry Christmas Tree Wall Hangings, complete with a picture from that era and she made a comment about the hairdo in the picture. I, too, had to suffer the bubble-hair once:




little sis, me, mom - outside the salon, in Taiwan 1969.

The style looks perfect on my mom, at least to me. I wanted long, straight hippie hair. Which I had by 1975, just as everyone was going for the Dorthy Hamill wedge cut or that Farah Flip.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Anonymous D.T. Kelly said...

Well,

I for one certainly won't comment about how that picture was taken six years before I was born, because I certainly don't want to make you feel old. ;)

DTK

April 20, 2009 at 6:08 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you for your kindness toward the decrepit and old amongst us...

April 20, 2009 at 6:13 PM  
Blogger Haggis Chihuahua said...

And I, for one, won't mention that I was already old and decrepit when you had that picture taken.

The arms folded across your chest is a dead giveaway you did.not.want.that.picture.taken.

Still, I'll bet it's one you treasure. :)

April 20, 2009 at 7:13 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Yeah, Haggis - you're right, it is one I treasure, especially since my mom has passed away. She looks very pretty and happy there - it's a shame I didn't realize how much happier she would have been if I'd been less of a pre-teen brat.

April 20, 2009 at 7:16 PM  
Blogger Just A Tish said...

THIS IS GLORIOUS!!!!!!

April 20, 2009 at 7:22 PM  
Blogger Lisa Crone said...

Thanks for always leaving me with a smile after reading your blog!!

April 20, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf