Sunday, August 24, 2008

Right after I posted last night I got to work on another necklace lanyard design I've been thinking about. I mentioned (and showed a picture) of the smoky quartz faceted barrel beads I bought, those form the core of my design.

I used the last of the smoky quartz square cushion beads left over from a necklace you can view here, smoky quartz round beads, 24k gold vermeil rope pattern spacers, 24k gold vermeil disks, and 10k & 14k gold filled beads. 32" long. My scale says it weighs 3.9 oz., so it's not as heavy as I thought it would be, but still a necklace with substance.

As with the previous piece, it's unfinished until I get new fasteners. For some reason I thought of V'ger in the first Star Trek movie, so this one is tentatively named "Silicon Mind" and the quote for it will probably be "Is this all that I am? Is there nothing more?" unless I find something better.

Shot with artificial lighting, the beads are a darker, smokier color than my computer is showing.


(click picture for larger view)


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf