Saturday, August 23, 2008

Yet Another One I'm Going to Hate Parting With

As I mentioned in my previous post, I had this idea gnawing at the back of my creative mind today. So after I posted I grabbed an empty bead design board (yes, I have several and they're usually all filled with either the remnants of the last project or a not quite there yet design I put aside to think about), my amber beads, my rutilated quartz nuggets and some gold-filled and vermeil beads I've been waiting for just the right design to use - it has to look rich enough to justify the cost of those components, which with gold at $823 (although that's down from it's peak at just over $1000 an ounce) will push the price point well above most of my other pieces.

While I was working on this a fun conversation happened over on Twitter - if you look at my sidebar you can see my side of the conversation with folk around the globe (well, most of us are in the US but one of the tweeters is on the other side of the international date line). I finished the stringing part, but I don't want to use my usual gold plated lobster claw fastners on this one - so I'm going to have to put off the hardware until tomorrow when I can go buy some gold filled or vermeil clasps. Finished length will be around 32"

So, here's the necklace lanyard in it's nearly finished state:





Yet another one I'm going to hate parting with.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, she's beautiful!

My favourites in your, uh, header picture thingie, is third from the left blue and big chunky turquiose thingie. You've got some beautiful stuff here. :)

August 23, 2008 at 9:07 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you!

The strand you noticed in the header is actually part of the string of beads I got as a Christmas gift via a gift certificate to the Bead of the Month group I mentioned in previous posts.

I think what you think is turquoise is the aquamarine chip. The colors in the picture are much altered via PaintShop Pro.

I used a number of the beads from that very strand in the Gift of the Magpie necklace I blogged about a couple days ago.

Thanks for looking! If there's ever anything you want, I can put together a good deal for you under the "AW discount" :-) I'll throw in free shipping since you're such a great co-mod.

August 23, 2008 at 9:23 PM  
Blogger T. M. Hunter said...

Very nice!!!

August 23, 2008 at 10:55 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you! Never too early to think about using your AW discount for Christmas gifts ;-)

I really do appreciate the visit and comment - it's always nifty to hear from the guys.

August 23, 2008 at 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf