Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Using Carved Beads to Add Texture and Interest

I found some beautiful carved turquoise beads at Global Beads the other day, and was musing on what I wanted to make with them. I remembered some carved jet beads I had and the design started to come together.

I used some tiny turquoise beads I also found at Global Beads, and freshwater cultured 'rice' pearls along with the carved beads and some 14k/20 gold filled rondelles to create this 28" lanyard necklace. It is very light, so it would also work well as an eyeglass leash.



I like the striking contrast of the jet beads to the pearls and turquoise and think that it will look lovely with black and gray outfits paired with a turquoise blouse or sweater (I have several of those and I tend to make things I'd wear).

(This post brought to you via the magic of technology which allowed me to compose and post date so my blog wouldn't be completely dark during my conference week.)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf