Dawno's Weekly Wanderings Around the Beadosphere
I'm at BayCon this weekend, but I prepared this in advance so you wouldn't miss this weekly feature. I may pop in a post later on about the con, so check back!
This week is all about inspiration:
- This Artist's Journey - always inspirational writes about what has inspired her this week and asks "What Has Inspired You This Week? And maybe another question would be: What are you going to do with that inspiration?"
- Margot Potter - inspired me with a design idea when I saw this post
- Inspired to elegance? Read this interview by Guy Kawasaki of Matthew May, author of In Pursuit of Elegance. Guy blogs at How to Change the World
- Waiting for inspiration - Bead Origami found these at the Rings & Things tour - she's not sure what she's going to make with each strand, but did this lovely beaded bead with the amethyst. She's also a finalist in the seed bead category for the Bead Star 2009 contest - if you haven't voted yet, you only have 'til the end of the month.
- Bev's Jewelry - I just read about her Lexie's bracelet inspiration and notice the blog has been "dark" for some time. Hope she's considering posting again, her comments here have been lovely.
- Tish is also a finalist at Bead Star - here's her inspirational piece.
- I could just post a link for every day of A Bead A Day - but I'll link to the home page and trust that you'll scroll down to every post!
- I saw these in Earthenwood Studio's blog - I'm inspired to buy some as soon as they're listed! What wonderful designs and colors!
- Kelley of Kellscreations posted some fantastic polymer clay focals she was inspired to work on by the Beading Daily polymer clay contest (entries must be in by June 5th!) - I got some Fimo on sale at Michael's and I'm inspired to start playing with it soon, but probably won't try anything until next weekend and certainly am not ready for a contest, but maybe someday!
- What creation might this Nikon Sniper photo inspire?
- The ocean's bounty inspired SmuTopia to break out the glue.
- One last link - not really inspirational, but about an inspired idea - we all, from time to time, have to hammer a nail into something. Kevin Kelly at Cool Tools reviews this nifty gizmo "Nail Driving Utensil" and a couple days ago he reviewed Tear Mender - if you have to assemble things from cloth, or have something that needs patching, this sounds like a good product. Click on his "crafts" tag to find yourself checking out all sorts of neat gizmos!