Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mid-Week Mutterings - Chrysocolla and Copper Necklace Part 2



Not that long ago I wrote about this lovely chrysocolla I'd received from The Beadin' Path - the large oval from the May bead club and the smaller coins from a promotional package that included vintage Lucite that I blogged about a the end of July and first of August. I'd started stringing it with some copper beads and one half of a flowery copper toggle.



I was thinking about, perhaps, working some kind of lanyard idea with it, or maybe I'd wrap something to the loop end...then I got another idea entirely.


The clasp needs some work - it's not yet fully bent correctly because it's a bit DIY - I took another floral toggle part and cut it so it had an open "hook" (now I have the two orphaned toggle bars to figure out what to do with). I'll also need to crimp off the beading wire (Beadalon Satin Copper, 19 strands) when I've finished the hook, but I think I really love this design. Adding the little glass disk spacers and copper wreath beads started me going, but the copper 'shells' beads were the final just right touch for me.



Do come back tomorrow for my review of the ConsumerCrafts.com site and promotional coupon purchases I made from them. I don't know if I'll have time to finish a piece with the purchases, if not, I'll save that for another day. On Friday I'll reveal my latest The Beadin' Path "sea glass" necklace (and the bracelet & earrings).



Labels: , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy T. Gibson said...

Enjoying the reworks!

August 19, 2009 at 6:21 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thanks! I'm enjoying getting them done. It's satisfying to finish and move on.

August 19, 2009 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Just A Tish said...

nite and day my dear - nite and day

August 19, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf