Friday, September 11, 2009

Toolbox Treasures from Earthenwood Studios Pendant and Link Necklace


No Friday Pick this week - have to go easy on that because every time I do one I end up buying all the beads and I really have a huge backlog to work through! Over the weekend I'll set up some photos so I can share a kind of 'pick' for you next week featuring some of that backlog.

What I will share is the full picture from yesterday's 'sneak peak'. I ordered this gorgeous focal from Earthenwood Studios a while ago - it's named "Toolbox Treasures". It came with a lovely gift of two little gear links. I only wanted to use the one on this necklace, so I'll be making something featuring the other one as a focal piece in a 'y' style necklace. I can't find the large focal or the small gear links for sale anymore; I'm so glad I ordered when I did!




I've added a stamped, toothed ring and a small watch part, plus some garnet colored glass drops on gunmetal wrapped wires. The chain is from the Manor House collection by Blue Moon, purchased at Michael's. It comes as a finished 20" necklace which I had to cut up a bit for this design - took out a section about 2" long and used gunmetal jump rings to attach the ends to the link. It's more of a dull pewter color than gunmetal but I like the contrast.

I want to talk a little about the Earthenwood Studios focal - there is no picture that will do it justice. It's such beautifully handcrafted porcelain - crisp lines, gorgeous glaze. It's a substantial piece, not overly heavy, but one that lets you know you're wearing it. It also came with it's own large gunmetal jump ring fit through the pendant - thank goodness! I love the colors, details and glossy finish.

You can follow their chronicles (blog), visit their web-store or shop with them on Etsy.

That's it for today. See you tomorrow!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf