Saturday, March 6, 2010

Using Up the Stash #8 - Alexandrite Bottle Pendant Bracelet?

With absolutely no clue what to do with the faceted diamond shaped Alexandrite colored bottle pendant from the Rings & Things blog partner goodies, I just started adding wrapped loop beads and dangles in various shades of purple.

All of the items but the bottle have been in my stash for various amounts of time. Those silver filigree ovals have been sitting around for ages. The faceted ovals, and one of the dangles, came from a mixed sizes/shapes batch of Czech glass I got in Redondo Beach. The faceted oval that looks orange has more of the copper-y coating on it than the others, so it doesn't show the purple very well. I'm of two minds about swapping it out for something else. The faceted round bead is from The Beadin' Path's bead of the month club. Right now this is bracelet length, but I might keep going for necklace length, perhaps using some sterling chain.



Please join me tomorrow for Wandering Around the Beadosphere!



FTC compliance notice of material connection: The alexandrite colored bottle pendant, as noted above, was provided to me for free, to be used for design purposes, or for a statement of my honest opinion of them, by Rings & Things.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

8 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

I love the touch of orange that just pops out against the purple.

I like that its a bracelet. I think that if you do decide to make it into a necklace, I would add a bit more variety to the size of beads you use. Because the beads are close in size to the bottle, the bottle might be a little lost. But, that's just my two cents. You didn't even ask for my penny thoughts and here I am giving them to you :P

March 6, 2010 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger Designs by Blanche said...

Very pretty! I love the beads you choose and the overall softness of the whole piece. Great little bottle!

March 6, 2010 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Rose, I believe you're right about it being a bracelet - it led me to this point and then just made me stop there, so I'm pretty sure I'm done. Always glad for your penny thoughts!

Thank you Blanche! I tell you, those bottles Rings & Things sent are driving me crazy - it's not the kind of thing I usually work with. I've got 4 more to try and use, too!

March 6, 2010 at 3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the shape of your focal diamond (square) piece, but for me, the touch of orange seals the deal for me. Fantastic! I might have to give that color combo a try.

March 6, 2010 at 11:41 PM  
Blogger Dawn Doucette said...

Happy Sunday Dawno! I love this bracelet... of course purple is my favorite color, but besides that, the orange and silver really just make it special.

I love the little bottle. Very unique. I think people could use it for "special momentos" i.e. a little bit of sand from their honeymoon spot, or a grain of rice if they took a trip to the orient. That would be a 2-fer... a beautiful charm and a momento!

Looking forward to what you do with the others! Have a terrific Sunday dear!

Dawn

March 7, 2010 at 6:21 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting, wildvanilla - I'm glad you like that little surprise of orange, for a while I was thinking about replacing that link, but I think I've been voted down!

Happy Sunday to you too, Dawn! It kind of puzzled me how anyone could use such a small volume as that little pendant has, but you've suggested some good ideas, thanks!

March 7, 2010 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Dave Robertson said...

I like the colors & metals you combined in this bracelet, Dawno! And again I'm impressed that you're able to stick with it, when you say you're going to use up the stash. About the 4 more bottles, why don't you just review/give them away? We're happy with any use that you put them to.

:) Dave
at Rings & Things

March 8, 2010 at 8:19 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

You're reading my mind again, Dave :-) I was just thinking that perhaps I should do a giveaway drawing!

March 8, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf