Monday, August 1, 2011

"So, Did You Visit any Bead Stores on Your Trip?" But of Course!!

Saturday was spent flying, yesterday mostly relaxing. Today I've finished a couple pieces and will share them a bit later. Friday, however, I got to go to Durham, N.C. and visit with a friend. My friend and I share a love of beading and traveled to a couple of bead stores. I didn't get pictures at the store in the Carr Mill shopping center in Durham but did get a couple at Rare Earth Beads, our first stop.


Yay, a sale!


The Store


My friend with her goodies.


I got some wonderful beads there - chalcedony, big rhodochrosite rondells, lapis (all the beads have wonderful flecks of gold) coral and bright brass

I'll show the beads from Carr Mill another time, but I think I got some good finds there, too.

Now, as promised, a couple new pieces:


A tigereye donut and a turquoise nugget suspended from assorted turquoise colored howlite, lava rock and tigereye beads all done on simple loops for the chain, with an off-center hand made clasp using sterling wire and a tigereye nugget.


This one started as just the black and white ceramic strung on wire mesh, then I got the idea to do some asymetric chains, then I got the idea to add the double curb chain with a couple more beads. The piece looks much nifty-er on than in the picture, I'm afraid.

That's all for today - gotta get back to work, only 15 days until WorldCon in Reno!

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf