Saturday, April 20, 2019

Getting Ready for WhedonCon

I have this blog listed as the site to visit if you click on the Whedon Con ‘Sunnyvale Mall’ page and realized I hadn’t published anything here in years! Mostly I publish on my Facebook page so here’s the link:  Dawno’s on facebook.

I have been making tons of new stuff lately, but my efforts for the next weeks will be more focused on genre items that I hope connect with fans.

As most of that work is still to be done, here are some of my efforts & some shots from my last con, ConDor in San Diego, CA in February.
One side of my booth at ConDor - my fancier items

The proprietor herself 

One of the new display ideas I'm trying

I love to work with mixed media and assemblage. Here's an example of a fun new pendant where I used paint, mica powders, mixed metals, bead wrapping and threw in a little vintage glass flower for fun.

Somewhere outside of Margaritaville...


Right now I'm finishing up some pieces for a challenge to use a chocolate plated metal piece (could be a filigree or a stamping or a cabochon pendant setting) with something from a color palate of crimson, coral, pink, mint and sage and one additional metal.


Ok, will try harder to post more stuff more often - hope you visit my booth when you come to WhedonCon in June!
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf