Saturday, August 2, 2008

More Moss Agate and Ceramic Beads

I liked the lanyard I made the other day so much, I'm making another one. This time I'm alternating the ceramic bead with seamless round silver beads and moss agate. There will be a matching bracelet and earrings, too. Then I'm going to make a moss agate eyeglass leash. The greens are just too compelling to let go!



I've completed a dealer's room form for LosCon - the Los Angeles science fiction convention that occurs over Thanksgiving Weekend. Now I just have to get up the nerve to commit and send it in.

Why am I hesitating? Display and payment methods, specifically credit card acceptance. I think coming up with an attractive display is probably not the hardest part. I have a few things I'm going to have to make and buy, but I'm confident I can figure out how to make an attractive display. The table length is 6' - not sure how wide nor how much room I'll have behind the table. I think I need some easels so I can put up some standing displays behind the table.

I have a mannequin and quite a few silk covered standing necklace displays in multiple colors. Signage, drape(s) for the table and the standing displays (I have seen a lot of really nice ones made of large picture frames and I think I may go that direction) will finish off what I need for now. Oh, and get business cards printed up. I make my own, but I think it's time to invest in those.

As for payments, it's a bit of an investment to get set up to accept credit cards and I'm not 100% sure I want to deal with it.

The last thing is I really should do is make more bracelets and earrings. I probably have done about a dozen earring sets and about as many bracelets. I don't enjoy making those as much as making the lanyards, unfortunately.

Back a little later - here's the finished lanyard, 32" long:




Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf