Saturday, September 6, 2008

It's Great to Be Home Again

Got back from my travel to Chicago today. It rained hard Thursday, was overcast but dry on Friday and beginning to warm up today with blue skies. Of course I was headed to the airport by 8:00 this morning, so I didn't get to enjoy the day in Chicago. It was 90 degrees here at home, today.

While in the Chicago area I did stop by a Michael's and picked up a few things to play with including some glass bead mixes in clear, amber, red and pink - sorted them, and there were some fun beads. I'm working now on the necklace I started there using gold tone wire, light and dark amber colored glass beads and some gold tone links. I'll finish up and post a picture tomorrow.

I gave out a few of my cards at the conference and got some nice comments about the lanyards I wore. When I got home and unpacked I saw that the TSA had left me a note that they'd looked inside my luggage. I suppose the wire, metal findings, beads and tools were the culprit. Everything was fine, the packed items didn't look disarrayed and nothing was missing.

I'm quite tired, but trying not to go to bed too early. This weekend is the Arts & Wine festival in my town, and we try to go every year. I'm not sure we'll make it this year, but we'll see how we (that's my husband and I) feel about it tomorrow.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf