Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Variations on a Theme with Pearls, Adventurine, Amethyst and Rose Quartz

A couple posts down I wrote about an amethyst, aquamarine and rose quartz lanyard necklace I strung and then re-strung. I liked the color combination so much I wanted to do another, complimentary piece. The larger beads are adventurine, amethyst and rose quartz. I used small sterling silver rondelle spacers from Artbeads.com and silver bead caps I found at Global Beads.

The pearls are very nicely shaped freshwater cultured pearls I picked up last winter when I was down in Orange County. It's about 29" and very light - perfect for an eyeglass lanyard/leash, or just to wear as a necklace with the other lanyard.



I had a large rose quartz donut in my box of pinks and a large snap back bail that fit it, so I thought I'd see how that looked. Not sure it will work - the donut is very pink and the beads in the lanyard necklace are very pale. But the bail slips on and off easily after I rounded it a bit to go over the bead caps, so it's not a permanent addition.



Of course, now I'm thinking that with the right shade of pink pearl...

(This post brought to you via the magic of technology which allowed me to compose and post date so my blog wouldn't be completely dark during my conference week.)


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Robertson said...

Hi Dawno, nice rose quartz donut & bail. Gives me ideas what to with the ones we sell!

So you're a "sort the beads by colors" person? There are 2 kinds of bead sorters...the other ones always sort 'em by shape. And never the twain shall meet!

--Dave
at Rings & Things

October 30, 2008 at 7:57 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Hi again Dave! Thank you for the compliment. I need to find a lighter pink donut for that particular necklace, but I still love the idea.

While I do sort by color, I use divided boxes so I can also sub-sort by shape :-) but maybe I'm the exception that makes the rule?

October 31, 2008 at 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf