Sunday, December 7, 2008

Basic Black Beads

In another one of those occurrences when I'm just poking around looking at various beads, I got the idea to use coin shaped 10mm black opaque Czech glass beads and some pinched oval black opaque Czech beads in a necklace - I'd gotten these beads from Michael's in Chicago when I was there back in the fall.

I used non-tarnish silver 22 gauge Artistic wire, silver plated pewter spacer beads and bead caps and some bright silver 10mm jump rings. For a focal point I used a silver and black rope circle and hung a black coin bead on a head pin to it with one of the 10mm jump rings. It's about 20".



Then I decided to keep working with the black and silver and made these three lanyards two are 30" the other is about 32" long.


That was last night. Today I worked on another necklace, 18" long, making tiny beaded links with 22 gauge non-tarnish silver Artistic Wire, square black glass Druk beads with antiqued silver bead caps. The pendant is a tablet cut black glass bead with dark green edges and tiny dangles made from sterling bead end head pins, sterling beads and sterling jump ring links. I put the dime beside it to show how small the links were.




I purchased the tablet cut bead at this fall's Art and Wine festival from Harland beads, the other materials (for this and the other necklace above, too) from Artbeads and Accessories Susan (tiny bead caps). The clasp is a Sterling Elegance deco style hook and eye from Michael's.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Robertson said...

Hi Dawno, do you ever branch out into rosary making? This nice basic-black design could easily be transformed with a few rosary components. You'd get a kind of old-fashioned jet look, I think. ...Just in case you needed more work to do!!

--Dave
at Rings & Things

December 10, 2008 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Dave, I haven't branched out because I am pretty specialized right now. If I can grow my business, it's something I might consider. Thanks for the suggestion!

December 10, 2008 at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf