Friday, December 19, 2008

My Last Night in North Carolina

Well, tonight I'll have to pack up all my stuff, including the beads. My flight tomorrow isn't early, but the airport is 90 minutes away and I'll have to turn in a rental car...so I need to leave here mid-morning.

I have been working on a new necklace that I'm pretty happy with, and the design makes it possible to wear in interesting ways. Here's a shot of it lying flat - the pattern has a long repeat between the larger rope textured links. (you can click the picture to see a larger version)


Here it is on:



And here it is doubled at the longer link. What I'm thinking of doing when I get home is creating a clasp that can hook those two links so I can wear it as a doubled necklace at about collarbone length.




I used those cool Beadalon QuickLinks again, and some loose links with a rope pattern, spacer beads and "Beyond Beautiful" 8mm rounded faceted cubes and 4mm faceted bicones in clear iridescent finished crystal. The fancy bead caps on some of the faceted cubes resemble marcasite jewelry but don't have any marcasite stones set in them. These are from the Nicole Crafts Sterling Effects line.

I can't wait to get home!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf