Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day 3 Bay Con

I'm enjoying all the wonderful conversations and getting to know new people, reacquainting myself with others who I've met before here or at other cons. My "I Know Dawno" and "Do You Know Dawno" ribbons are almost all gone now, too. There is some mild enthusiasm when people meet me and can finally say they do know Dawno...how they got the ribbons without meeting me is still a bit of a mystery, could be someone picked up a few and handed them around.

I stayed busy today and didn't have a chance to blog. Got a couple pictures to share now - some are stuck on my camera, which I finally very delicately fiddled with to get charging, so I can't download them until later.

Here are my table partners, Sally and Carlos.


(click pics to embiggen)

Here's the crew at the next table down, we have a shy fellow and a very happy Tribble dealer...



And here are two costume pictures I managed to take - there were so many lovely ones I missed! This couple's matching outfits were inspired by their son who was in Cirque du Soleil.



And this gentleman is the one with the antique goggles I mentioned before. His outfit is really lovely, I wish the picture was better.



I've only made about half of what I did by this time last year. Either it's the economy, my prices + the economy, or my work just isn't a good fit for the con this year. That said, some of the pieces I liked a lot when I made them and wondered if they were any good, were also liked enough to find buyers, so that makes me very happy.

My daughter is in town for the week. I may try to enlist her as a minion tomorrow...it's a short day, too, so I'll get to spend some time with her once the con is over.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Just A Tish said...

i need to poke around and see if we have anything thing like this in the area. we have a ren-eh-saunce fair but that is bout it as i can tell. bunch of friends go to dragon con each year.

May 26, 2009 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Check here: http://containment.greententacles.com/confinder/27601/

May 26, 2009 at 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf