Wednesday, May 8, 2019

What's on My Worktable This Week?

I've been very busy lately in the studio working on new pieces for the upcoming WhedonCon as well as my online shops. Thought I'd share some of the work in progress.

The pendant below is a great graphic under a transparent yellow domed vintage Lucite oval about an inch long. I'm going to work up a nice crystal and gear piece to connect it to a necklace - still working on that design.


Here are a couple of cat charms that will have necklaces - they were originally very bright pewter but I darkened them with a solution from Swellegant that's easy to use and doesn't smell up the room like a lot of darkening solutions. The bow is colored with alcohol ink pens and will be sealed. The other pendant has a vintage glass piece and two glass pearls on a vintage filigree bar. I plan to make a collar length necklace with pearls to attach it to.

of course the cats look like they're judging you, they're cats

This piece is an epoxy clay base that has been embossed and colored with mica powder pigments. It will get a glossy seal when the clay is fully set. I love the bamboo frame, though it would be perfect for the cherry blossom design.


Another necklace in progress - I took a domed filigree piece and using more epoxy clay adhered some vintage silver wings. The silver circle to the right will be the back of the pendant, it's the back piece from a vintage watch. The piece is my homage to a certain magical sport.



'Til next time,

Dawno


Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf