Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Copper and Cobalt Blue

Thought I'd share a bit about how some of my designs happen - like yesterday's post where the pieces and parts finally came together for the glueable bracelet after more than 2 years. I'm not sure how I obtained the blue glass focal on the necklace below, but I thought it would look great with copper and I constructed the wrapped loop for it with 18g copper wire. Then it sat around waiting for me to figure out what else to do.

I grabbed a card of delicate copper chain at Michael's a couple months back and knew it would be perfect for the blue focal piece but, again, wasn't sure how to put the whole thing together.

Finally, the other day I realized what I wanted to do:


I plan to do a few more pieces along this line, I really like the double chain with the Czech glass bead links. Silver with green beads, I'm thinking, and gold with red ones, maybe.

Well, there's much to do and way too few days left before the big convention to do them, so that's all for now!

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf