Monday, August 8, 2011

Finally Finished the Rings & Things Glueables Challenge!!

Once upon a time (February or March of '09), Rings & Things sent me some glueable bracelets. I fiddled a bit and did come up with a design (here and here are the posts). I still had a bracelet left over that I couldn't figure out what to do with and it went into a storage box.

As I was tidying up in my workroom today, I came upon that bracelet. It had a teensy bit of tarnish that wiped off right away with a silver polishing cloth (Selvyt pink) and looked good as new. I was immediately inspired with how to use it, as I had just put away a selection of (vintage?) lucite flowers from The Beadin' Path into my "lucite and metal flower" box. Why not put metal and lucite flowers on the glueable blanks? And put little Swarovski flat back crystals in the centers? I loved the idea!

After playing around with various color combos (I had pink and green and purple lucite flowers of the right size as well as bright silver and gunmetal metal flowers) and then picking the right shade of crystals, here's the result (it's not all glued in yet, just the base flowers):


This is one of those 'taken in the workroom at night' pictures that doesn't do the piece full justice - the colors aren't quite so muddy in real life, but I'm really happy with the results! As well as glad to have finally finished the Rings & Things glueable challenge!!


FTC compliance notice of material connection: The glueable bracelet was provided to me for free, to be used for design purposes, or for a statement of my honest opinion of them, by Rings & Things.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf