Saturday, May 30, 2009

Today I Tackle the Workroom - Again

Are you one of those crafters who tidies up as you go along or do you, like me, let things accumulate around you until you can't find anything before you finally do it?

Between having my daughter here, the day job and being very achy all week, I didn't fully unpack or stash away my stuff from last weekend. It's going to be a big job to get all set up again, so not only is there no work in progress or otherwise to show, but I'm going to keep this one short so I can get to it.

I have been thinking about some new techniques to use and have purchased this from Rings & Things for one of them:



I'm betting you've known what this is and what it's called longer than I have. If you have any tips to share about it's use, please comment!

I also got some G-S Hypo cement on recommendation from Sally Norton who designs the most beautiful jewelry and accessories from vintage findings and old watch parts. I hope to greatly improve my steampunk style pieces both in appearance and ease of construction with it.

Last week was a week of really good sales online. I get email notices from my suppliers (see sidebar for links) many times those have great coupon offers. Joining your supplier's Facebook fan page, reading their blog, and following them on Twitter is another way to get in on good deals.

Some suppliers have discount clubs or other great ways to save:

  • The Beadin' Path has a monthly bead club, and gives you a bonus discount for joining their e-mailing list, which means you get a nifty newsletter, which often comes with great coupon deals
  • Lima Beads does a lunch special on Tuesdays, does a "fresh pick" special every day where one of their customer's "fresh pick" items are discounted that day and a "Big Green Bead Machine" feature where prices are updated (downward) every 5 minutes - but you have to catch the best sale price before it expires. Then they'll hold the purchase in your cart for up to 3 days at that price. I just watched how it works and saw the prices drop one or two percent each on the list of 9 items, including a Vintaj brass filigree at 19% off - ( five minutes later: now it's 24% and a couple have sold out, five more minutes and the Vintaj is sold out!).
  • Rings & Things has their 5-day sales and there's one going on now, ends tomorrow. Also don't forget to check their limited edition web-only specials.
  • Artbeads puts up their limited time coupons on the home page - right now there's a 15% off coupon for their Vault selection good through June 4th.They've also got a page for their promotions that you won't want to miss.
Tomorrow's Wandering Around the Beadosphere post is already prepared and set to auto-publish both here and on the site linked above where I archive both my weekly interviews/reviews and the Wanderings posts. I hope you'll come back and see where I've visited this week!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Robertson said...

Oh, you bought one of those wooden beater thingies! :)

--Dave

June 2, 2009 at 2:59 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Lol! :-) Yep, sure did. Works great!

June 2, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf