Saturday, November 19, 2011

Preparing for LosCon38 - My 3rd Show There!

I'm trying to make some new pieces for LosCon38 this coming Friday, as well as a holiday event where my husband works in early December. The first piece below is an assemblage of copper floral bits on a copper oval with a copper cuff bracelet base. I'm very happy with how it's turned out. The various copper pieces came from B'sue on Etsy (she also has B'sue Boutique) and Vintage Jewelry Supplies.


The next set are a few of the assemblage pieces in steampunk style that I'm going to make pins and necklaces of. Lucite flower from The Beadin' Path, filigree and chain from Vintage Jewelry Supplies. Most of the larger watch parts, the moon face stamping, & tiny watch gears are from Steampunk Supply on Etsy. I think the key may be from there, too. There are a few bits and bobs from Earthenwood Ceramics and Tim Holtz's  "idea-ology" line of supplies, too.


Finally, here's a necklace with some gears on the chain and antique watch face, watch part with ruby jewel, brass filigree and brass chain. All the watch parts are from Steampunk Supplies, the chain from Vintage Jewelry Supplies.


Of course I'll have my usual lanyards, bracelets and a few other steampunk pieces on display as well. If you're going to be near the airport (LAX) Marriott the weekend after Thanksgiving check out LosCon and come see me (and my dad!) in the dealer's room! If you can't, I'll try to take a lot of pictures and maybe even live-blog from the event. You can read all about it here!

Have a very happy Thanksgiving!


Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf