Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Work Table Wednesday for 5/29/19

Another Wednesday and a new worktable to share!


I'm working on a necklace design using the coral beads for the two peach cameos at the top, the green flower cabochon is a printed cloisonne style design and I've finished the beaded part of the necklace, but still figuring out the rest. 

Below it is a stone cabochon I may or may not put in that frame - the frame doesn't really fit with a natural stone I think. in the middle is a vintage cat filigree and I'm going to center it on the round one then curve the piece below it for a bracelet to which I'll add chain to finish.

At the bottom is an assemblage piece with black finished brass flowers and leaves and a black and white cameo. There will be embellishment added just working out what I'll do. 

The last necklace is a beautiful vintage Guilloche rose on a copper plated pewter. I tried just a jump ring to attach to the chain but I thought this piece deserved more. I pulled out the connector piece and then realized I'd have to attach it with a jump ring and wasn't thrilled with that idea. So I thought I'd give wire wrapping the pendant to the connector and voilà! Here's a close-up; it was really easy to do!

Connector, Guilloche rose, Victorian-style pendant frame
all purchased from B'sue by 1928

Lastly I have the little earrings on the bottom left. These are steampunk/Victoriana style Hot Air balloon earrings. The gold balloons I got at B'sue Boutiques but I made the silver ones myself when I discovered that two filigree beadcaps and a tulip beadcap were the basic components of the balloon shape. I just happened to have those items in silver! 

Here's a closeup of the earrings I've finished - I have more colors of the Swarovski cubes but the square spacers (Swarovski Squaredelles) are really hard to find in the right size. I think they might be discontinued, which makes me very sad as I think these earrings might sell well.

The little balloon ones on the far right aren't my favorites, so they may get remade with the larger size balloon.
Problem is that the little ones match the tulip bead cap color better and I have more of them. If I could find smaller Squaredelles and use a smaller cube bead maybe then they'd work.
I did finish some pieces since I last posted - the bracelet is done it's a bit large for my 6.5" wrist but can be sized to fit whomever buys it.




Vintage brass cat from B'sue with faux pearl also from B'sue

Czech fire polished red cathedral bead in cone bead cap with leaf
Design is a homage to a Firefly/Serenity quote
"I am a leaf in the wind, watch me soar"

Sodalite (for self-esteem and confidence) stone pendant
with small sodalite bead and chain fringe. I love how the little bail
really adds to the finished look.

Some pressed purple glass disks (other side is darker) and
iridescent lavender cathedral beads.
I've had those disk beads for years, got them as a gift
and never used them so I figured it was about time.

Will try to post my Finished Up Friday work. Only one more week and a couple days until WhedonCon so this weekend is my last one for making new pieces for the con.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf