Saturday, November 17, 2012

Counting Down to LosCon

It's been a very challenging year, and you know that saying about best laid plans. I had hoped to be better organized and back to regular posting long before now, as well as getting to work on a lot of new jewelry since the last I posted. Circumstances have prevented me from accomplishing most of that, but I have a convention in 6 days, so I'm doing what I can to get ready. I just hope I can find all my display stuff in the back room!


I thought I'd share at least one new item today. I'm quite happy with how it turned out. The necklace has aventurine beads, copper TierraCast beadcaps and chain plus a little copper leaf. It's amazing how some designs just create themselves - once I got the leaf and center aventurine bead assembled the idea for the rest of the necklace seemed obvious.

LosCon used to be my favorite because I would come down to L.A.and spend the weekend with my dad. This year I'll be doing the show solo and missing Dad enormously, not only for his help but for his company and the way he enjoyed being there, meeting new people, talking about everything under the sun with them. He'd want me to have a good time, so I'll wear a brave face and try to enjoy it.


Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf